Madden NFL 09 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 13: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans (MNF)

3 posters

Go down

Week 13: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans (MNF) Empty Week 13: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans (MNF)

Post  Destroyer1983 Tue 09 Sep 2008, 9:20 pm

Last time the Texans played the Jags they were totally demolished by the defense lead by Urlacher and the balanced attack of their explosive offense.

Early in the first quarter both teams traded off interceptions and field goals, but it was until mid way through the second as the Texans methodically drove the ball down field setting up a touchdown pass by Schaub to Daniels.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/540735

After half time the Jaguars roared back with spreading the defense and Garrard leading his men down field scoring on a long completion to Matt Jones in the back of the end zone bringing the Jaguars back into the game 16-10.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/540849

The Texans answered back in the fourth quarter by again managing the clock with an effective running game lead by Steve Slaton who ran for 104 yards and capping the game with a touchdown 23-10.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/540825

The real story of the game was the total dominance of the Texans defense suffocating the Jaguars with a complete assault on the Garrard and holding Jones-Drew to 9 yards total rushing (157 total yards allowed). Harassing Garrard was the Texans main priority due to him killing the team with play action roll outs (4 sacks). This time the defense forced turnovers (4 Int) and contained the run allowing the offense to control the game (Houston T.O.P 20:22).

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/540728
Destroyer1983
Destroyer1983

Number of posts : 20
Gamertag : Destroyer1983
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Week 13: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans (MNF) Empty Re: Week 13: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans (MNF)

Post  ReMeDy Wed 10 Sep 2008, 12:14 am

Destroyer1983 wrote:Harassing Garrard was the Texans main priority due to him killing the team with play action roll outs (4 sacks).
Ya know, is it just me or does the o-line lose effectiveness on a playaction pass? The more games of Madden 09 I play, the more I realize playaction just doesn't work against a smart (even average) opponent. If you're going to fake something, it's probably better to look like you're about to run the ball in a run formation, but instead do a 3-step drop with your QB instead for a quick or standard pass. I've been killed so much by playaction that I'm beginning to shun it.

Anyways, we'll definitely need to hit up a game soon Dest. I've been busy with college related work, but I'll keep an eye out for ya when I log on.
ReMeDy
ReMeDy

Number of posts : 56
Gamertag : ReIVIeDy
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Back to top Go down

Week 13: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans (MNF) Empty Re: Week 13: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans (MNF)

Post  Riddick Wed 10 Sep 2008, 12:19 am

PA works amazing if you establish the run and you throw it to a spot where a safety or a linebacker was covering. CB's really don't get beat by PA unless its Brady to Moss.

If the guy you are playing knows a PA is coming though, your gonna get killed.

Riddick

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Destroyer1983 Wed 10 Sep 2008, 12:38 am

Btw that Mario Williams sack, I'm proud of that one, was all me Cool
Destroyer1983
Destroyer1983

Number of posts : 20
Gamertag : Destroyer1983
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down