Madden NFL 09 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question About Scheduling

4 posters

Go down

Question About Scheduling Empty Question About Scheduling

Post  Riddick Thu 21 Aug 2008, 10:39 am

I have have a quick question. Have you played in an online league yet? I see you put the scheduling at 1 game per week, but in the online leagues it doesn't work like that. You set the amount of times you want to play each person (1,3,5 etc.) and then you can play whoever is online in no perticular order. This makes it very easy to complete games. Were you planning on something different, or you just didn't realize that.

Riddick

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Question About Scheduling Empty Re: Question About Scheduling

Post  Riddick Thu 21 Aug 2008, 10:40 am

Also you should make a Trade Forum area. Its fun to trade.

Riddick

Back to top Go down

Post  xxMH PRIMOxx Thu 21 Aug 2008, 10:51 am

Actually this league will be played on schedule towards the NFL default schedule. Hopefully we can get everyone on the same page when it comes to this.
If we get more active, we can complete 2 games per week (hopefully), if not, 1 game per week insures everyone has enough time to complete their match.

i haven't finished with the rules yet since I've been trying to get the website running at full speed. But somewhere down the line in the rule section I will implement this..

1) If someone fails to complete their match (along with the other person) I will sim their game and record it. Showing proof of who wins that week.
This is the only way possible to continue onto the next week.

If this becomes a problem, I will find a replacement who will be active.

If somone fails to show up or try to complete their match and their opponent has been trying and lets me know about a person not responding to their contacts, A loss will be given to that person who failed to participate.

Hopefully that will keep everyone wanting to be active in this league.
If not, I will see how things go with my helper and see what he thinks Smile
xxMH PRIMOxx
xxMH PRIMOxx
Buccaneers GM

Number of posts : 208

http://www.xbox360.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Riddick Thu 21 Aug 2008, 10:55 am

So we won't be using the online league feature? Or we will, but just won't be playing vs. everyone.

On another note, it's gonna be tough to get 32 people. I tried before and people just up and disappear.

Riddick

Back to top Go down

Post  xxMH PRIMOxx Thu 21 Aug 2008, 11:00 am

Well I've heard that the online feature could get glitchy at times and I don't want to run into any problems with the leagues. So as far as I know we won't be using the online league system.

I'll have to see what happens to decide what were going to do.
xxMH PRIMOxx
xxMH PRIMOxx
Buccaneers GM

Back to top Go down

Post  xSoHx Striker Thu 21 Aug 2008, 7:19 pm

The pros outweigh the cons though with the league feature.

Pros
Trades
Stats
Easier ability to invite
Ability to tell who's on and off

Cons
League may be erased
xSoHx Striker
xSoHx Striker
Chargers GM

Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post  WildBillKickoff Fri 22 Aug 2008, 10:45 am

xxMH PRIMOxx wrote:Well I've heard that the online feature could get glitchy at times and I don't want to run into any problems with the leagues. So as far as I know we won't be using the online league system.

I'll have to see what happens to decide what were going to do.

I've been involved in Madden leagues run this way in the distant past (this is my first Madden for 360, I kept waiting until they came up with one that had decent gameplay like they had on PS2 and XBox) and as long as the league is well run, it's a far more satisfying experience. You don't have to worry about someone trying to run up scores because they're 5 passing TDs behind the league leader, and the only stats that really matter-- wins and losses-- become the standard by which you are measured.

That being said, I would like to see the players report more than just the score, but there has to be a balance-- do you have a plan regarding stat tracking or anything other than just wins and losses?

WildBillKickoff

Number of posts : 8
Gamertag : WildBillKickoff
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  xxMH PRIMOxx Fri 22 Aug 2008, 10:52 am

Good point WildBill.
I understand people like stats and would like for them to show. And I'm all for that. I also like that it's easier to send invites and such on the menus from the game.
It's all on the members involved. If you guys want to set up the league from in-game. I'm okay with that. (easier for me and this site lol)

If not, we can do it like this.
The only thing I don't like about the league in game is the scheduling. I don't quite understand it.
Would someone rather then me set it up?

Striker perhaps? I don't want to screw anything up. If you do set it up, just post the pass here. And i will advertise the info on the main page of the website.
xxMH PRIMOxx
xxMH PRIMOxx
Buccaneers GM

Back to top Go down

Post  xSoHx Striker Fri 22 Aug 2008, 11:14 am

Ok.
xSoHx Striker
xSoHx Striker