Madden NFL 09 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion for teams that refuse to accept invites to league matches

+5
xSoHx Striker
princepointe26
Bautista671
Riddick
sirly1
9 posters

Go down

Should a Team GM that refuses two invites from a opponent, forfit the match if he does not have a good reason?

Suggestion for teams that refuse to accept invites to league matches Vote_lcap44%Suggestion for teams that refuse to accept invites to league matches Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]
Suggestion for teams that refuse to accept invites to league matches Vote_lcap56%Suggestion for teams that refuse to accept invites to league matches Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 9

Suggestion for teams that refuse to accept invites to league matches Empty Suggestion for teams that refuse to accept invites to league matches

Post  sirly1 Thu 11 Sep 2008, 1:55 pm

I don't know about you guys but i'm tired of gms not accepting every time I invite them to a league match. I mean some don't even respond with a reason they can't play you. I have a suggestion on how to remedy this situation. If they refuse to accept your invite on more than two occasions, they should forfit the match. This would ensure that these matches get played. What do you all think?
sirly1
sirly1

Number of posts : 34
Gamertag : XxH0UST0NxX
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Suggestion for teams that refuse to accept invites to league matches Empty Re: Suggestion for teams that refuse to accept invites to league matches

Post  Riddick Thu 11 Sep 2008, 2:40 pm

Its tough though to do that. I agree with you, but anyone can just make up a BS excuse for not being able to play. I get annoyed when I see someone on playing Madden and won't play. For example, the Seahawks guy has been on the past few nights and I have been trying to get a game in with him. He appears Offline, but what he doesn't know is that you can still see that he is online in the League Standings screen. Its annoying, but it would just make people more likely to quit if they get numerous forfeits.

Riddick

Number of posts : 103

Back to top Go down

Suggestion for teams that refuse to accept invites to league matches Empty Re: Suggestion for teams that refuse to accept invites to league matches

Post  Bautista671 Thu 11 Sep 2008, 3:42 pm

PLEASE do something about the ravens gm....PLEASE!!....i sent him THREE MESSAGES asking for a league game....BUT HE WONT RESOPONE and just decided to ignore me...correct me if im wrong, but didnt a while ago, he was complaining bout not getting any league matches in and talkin' bout, "IF U SEE ME ONLINE, SEND ME A LEAGUE INVITE!!".....wtf....
Bautista671
Bautista671

Number of posts : 39
Gamertag : Bautista671
Registration date : 2008-08-23

http://myspace.com/elegend

Back to top Go down

Post  princepointe26 Thu 11 Sep 2008, 4:53 pm

I agree. It's even worse over in the NFC. Like a damn miracle to see someone online in my division. Seahawks guy just wont play. I see the same few people on this forum as I do online. At some point you have to realize that people aren't playing and they gotta go. Theres no way for me to me the 2 games a week when people wont play. I vote yes.

princepointe26

Number of posts : 13
Gamertag : princepointe26
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  xSoHx Striker Thu 11 Sep 2008, 6:27 pm

Although they are inactive, they should not get a loss. You force a loss on them and they'll be pissed and leave, leaving the next user in a bad situation with a loss.
xSoHx Striker
xSoHx Striker
Chargers GM

Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post  Riddick Thu 11 Sep 2008, 8:30 pm

Yea, but we gotta do something about guys like the Seahawks. He sits there and plays ranked games, then when I challenge him, he just gets offline. Its a joke.

Riddick

Back to top Go down

Post  princepointe26 Thu 11 Sep 2008, 8:51 pm

If thats the case then you guys should get rid of them. Ive been here 2 weeks and have only been able to play 2 GMS. Technically I should be booted because of inactivity. Those guys arent doing anything but taking up good teams. Alot of guys in this league havent played any games since I joined a couple weeks ago. especially in the NFC

princepointe26

Number of posts : 13
Gamertag : princepointe26

Back to top Go down

Post  xXBlazeXx BOB Thu 11 Sep 2008, 9:02 pm

ive played 2 games (lost both) but i cant play more then a game a night if that...im a high school senior, have a job, and play varsity football and basketball so usually the main time im on is the weekend which i wont be on this sunday but most likely will be on Saturday im hoping being as my car died on me today and i cannot go anywhere till its fixed besides school so ill be on Saturday a lot of the day.
xXBlazeXx BOB
xXBlazeXx BOB

Number of posts : 21
Gamertag : xXBlazeXx BOB

Back to top Go down

Post  Riddick Thu 11 Sep 2008, 9:47 pm

xXBlazeXx BOB wrote:ive played 2 games (lost both) but i cant play more then a game a night if that...im a high school senior, have a job, and play varsity football and basketball so usually the main time im on is the weekend which i wont be on this sunday but most likely will be on Saturday im hoping being as my car died on me today and i cannot go anywhere till its fixed besides school so ill be on Saturday a lot of the day.

Understandable. At least you sent me a message and said you couldn't play. The Seahawks usually pretends to be offline and just won't answer.

Riddick

Back to top Go down

Post  xSoHx Striker Thu 11 Sep 2008, 9:53 pm

Yes, but we just heard about some of these names today and we need to wait to either get a message confirming that they are no longer interested, or get ignored by them, not solely off another's word.

Update on Seahawks

im sorry but ive been very busy with clas this semester and my box is used by multiple people but I will try to get my games done
xSoHx Striker
xSoHx Striker
Chargers GM

Back to top Go down

Post  sirly1 Thu 11 Sep 2008, 11:13 pm

xXBlazeXx BOB wrote:ive played 2 games (lost both) but i cant play more then a game a night if that...im a high school senior, have a job, and play varsity football and basketball so usually the main time im on is the weekend which i wont be on this sunday but most likely will be on Saturday im hoping being as my car died on me today and i cannot go anywhere till its fixed besides school so ill be on Saturday a lot of the day.

I SENT U THREE INVITES LAST NIGHT AND U NEVER RESPONDED. NOT EVEN A REASON WHY U COULD NOT PLAY ME. AND U WERE ON QUITE AWHILE.
sirly1
sirly1

Number of posts : 34
Gamertag : XxH0UST0NxX

Back to top Go down

Post  xxMH PRIMOxx Fri 12 Sep 2008, 5:40 am

While I do agree that we need to do something about the activity. We have to be careful on how we approach the individuals at hand.
Yes, booting them would be quite easy. However, finding a replacement will not. It would only cause more delay to your games being played.
The way I got my game against the Seahawks was, I sent him a message saying that I was going to be busy all week and had to get this game done asap.
(MY FIRST 5 ATTEMPTS FAILED AFTER SENDING HIM, "LEAGUE GAME?" MESSAGES)

He finally responded with , "Let's play now"

If these team GM's are not responding to you, voice it here. I will send them a message asking if they were still interested in the league and if so, they need to get their games done.

If they don't respond to me, I boot them.
I don't have the time to sit here and guess who is going to be commited and not.
I'd rather have an empty team then have someone who is on and not take the time to play in this league.

So if they are not responding, list them here. I will try to contact them and if they don't respond they are out.

As for having real life issues for those who are commited but are limited to playing time, I don't mind that. Just keep us posted on your situation.
It's nice to know who will be on and etc on what days and such.
xxMH PRIMOxx
xxMH PRIMOxx
Buccaneers GM

Number of posts : 208

http://www.xbox360.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Destroyer1983 Fri 12 Sep 2008, 6:28 am

Only time I've had a problem with ppl sending me invites is usually, I've either just started in the game or in the middle of one. It might take me awhile to answer back, but I'll do my best to set up a time to play. First night I swear to god got 3 invites at one time Laughing
Destroyer1983
Destroyer1983

Number of posts : 20
Gamertag : Destroyer1983
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Riddick Fri 12 Sep 2008, 10:40 am

Ok, can you please check on the Raiders, Bills, Saints, Jets, and Ravens. And then message the Broncos and the Chiefs. The last two have a decent amount of games in, but I haven't seen them on in a long time. I have never seen the Chiefs, Bills, Raiders, or Jets on and you know me, I'm on all the time.

Riddick

Back to top Go down

Post  xSoHx Striker Fri 12 Sep 2008, 5:42 pm

The Jets guy just snuck out of league, didn't tell anyone.
Like I said before, you might not have even been messaging xxTCoachxx but one of his friends.
xSoHx Striker
xSoHx Striker
Chargers GM

Back to top Go down

Post  ReMeDy Fri 12 Sep 2008, 6:22 pm

sirly1 wrote:I have a suggestion on how to remedy this situation.
You rang?

What I would do is continue the GM replacement technique for inactivity. Over time, as this league persists, we will continue to gather more dedicated players, eventually causing this issue to be a mute point. Already, in the span of this league starting, we've amassed a lot of dedicated players.... many of whom we didn't have on day one. We're still "feeling out" who is dedicated over who isnt. Once our community is solid enough and everyone knows one another, inactivity won't be an issue. Let's treat this league as our stepping stone heading into an even greater season two.

I'm against the forfeit game method. A person could lie and say "so and so" didn't respond to my pm's. A family member could be using someone else's account. A person could accidentally leave their 360 on and fall asleep.... the list goes on. If a person refuses MULTIPLE match PM's over the course of a week, THEN I'd say the player has activity issues, but to say "2 strikes and you're out" is not very forgiving.

An excellent way of enforcing activity policies is through friendly XBox dashboard and or email reminders. This is what I did for my Counter-Strike: Source clan, since inactivity is an issue with all games..... friendly reminder --> warning --> URGENT warning (optional) --> boot from the team/league.

Is it hard work doing that? Yea, but oh well.
ReMeDy
ReMeDy

Number of posts : 56
Gamertag : ReIVIeDy
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Riddick Fri 12 Sep 2008, 10:47 pm

The Seahawks guy messages me all of the time that he can't play. If he can't make the commitment to play a few games a week he should not have joined the league, same with everyone else.

Riddick

Back to top Go down

Post  xSoHx Striker Fri 12 Sep 2008, 10:48 pm

He has 4 or 5 games under his belt.
xSoHx Striker
xSoHx Striker
Chargers GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Riddick Fri 12 Sep 2008, 10:54 pm

Well, I see in the Standings he has 4 games played, but I only see 3 scores in his team schedule. Those 3 games were played on August 30th and 31st. So he has been inactive for about 2 weeks. That says something right there.

Riddick

Back to top Go down

Post  xSoHx Striker Fri 12 Sep 2008, 11:03 pm

That he's been busy, as he said to me.
xSoHx Striker
xSoHx Striker
Chargers GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Riddick Fri 12 Sep 2008, 11:41 pm

Right. I can completely understand that. Just maybe this league isn't for him though.

Riddick

Back to top Go down

Post  ReMeDy Sat 13 Sep 2008, 5:02 pm

Well based on what Striker said then, if the Seahawks guy (or any other guy) PM's Striker or Primo to say he's busy, then I'd say it's forgivable, although it depends how long he wants to be absent for. I'd say anymore than a two week absence is cause for concern, but then again, it depends what the situation is (ex. blown XBox, family vacation w/o Internet, really bad sickness, a hurricane (lol), etc. etc.)

I don't remember when our league was started (three weeks ago?), but if I recall on the website, it should be 1-2 matches played per week. This means as of today, 3-4 matches played is adequate. Honestly, we can't be too picky about players with that many anyways, since right now we have so many others who have less than that we should deal with first Cool.
ReMeDy
ReMeDy

Back to top Go down

Post  Destroyer1983 Sat 13 Sep 2008, 6:31 pm

a hurricane (lol),

Cute Suspect

Just wanted to give you an update, still at the University of Houston Hilton Hotel, hurricane rocked Houston pretty bad. There was even a couple tornadoes that popped up in downtown that were stationary. My parents place is without lights and electricty, and my place as well. No sevre damage to our places, just gonna stay at the hotel until monday. Got my xbox with me but the university internet is blocking xbox wireless connection.

Well I just wanted to let everyone know I'm good and will be back online a few days (hopefully) and I'll do my best to stay in touch through our message board.
Destroyer1983
Destroyer1983

Number of posts : 20
Gamertag : Destroyer1983
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post  ReMeDy Sat 13 Sep 2008, 7:05 pm

a hurricane (lol)
Yea but in all seriousness though, basically anything out of a GM's control, like a natural disaster, can break a person's activity.

Glad to see you're still checking the forum Dest despite the hurricane - that's pretty committed of you Very Happy. Hope to see ya when you get back.
ReMeDy
ReMeDy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down